More than just public speakingPublic speaking is a way for Shaun to share his experiences and help inspire others. But he does so much more, to reach more people.
Public speaking is important to Shaun, but there are so many elements to Shaun’s life and the ways he works. While he was recuperating he spent some time researching the psychology of the brain to help him understand his emotions and how to deal with them. He also discovered the positive healing power of sport and how it can aid recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration. He was introduced to powerlifting, which he found to be a sport he could excel at, even with his limb loss and vision issues.
Not content to leave it there, Shaun has big plans for the future, but here are just a few of the things he is involved with now:
- Para powerlifting – Shaun is part of the Para Powerlifting team with Weightlifting Wales and he is currently training full time with the hope of competing in the Commonwealth Games 2018. He recently came sixth in the British Championships.
- Charity work – Walking 100 km at the end of his rehab not only helped Shaun accept and embrace his prosthetics, but it also raised over £50,000 for the charity Blind Veterans. Shaun continues to help raise awareness of the charity and the vital work it does.
- Property development – Shaun runs a successful property development business based in Wrexham. By selecting a strong team to work with, he has formed a business to be proud of.
- Book launch – Over the last three years Shaun has been working on a book chronicling his experiences. Due to be published in 2017, the book provides Shaun with a way of reaching and inspiring more people.
- Community work – The North Wales prison opened in Wrexham in 2017 with a focus on rehabilitation rather than punishment. Shaun regularly spends time with the inmates offering them a different perspective. Shaun used his own rehabilitation from injury as an opportunity to change his life and he encourages inmates to do the same. He makes such an impact at the prison they have even named a wing after him.
On a personal note…
Through ground-breaking IVF Shaun is the proud father of Theo Jackson, born on Christmas Day 2015. He is named after the scientist that made it possible for him to have his own children.
Latest news from Shaun
We’ve worked with
If you like my story share it on